California Governor Jerry Brown says that the record fires currently devastating his home state are the fault of climate change deniers.
Who are the climate change deniers?
97% of people believe in science. These people agree that climate change deniers are the worst of the worst. The absolute dregs of humanity. Now look what they’ve done. They’re burning this place to the ground!
This means that it’s more important than ever to know how to spot and identify this miserable 3%. It’s more important than ever to do whatever it takes to find them and fix what’s wrong with them.
Where do we find climate deniers, and how do we spot them?
They are a small minority. But they can be literally anywhere. They can be tricky to pick out sometimes, among the masses. But here are some tips:
- If you see a person driving a car, they are a climate denier. Cars are one of the biggest contributors to greenhouse pollution. No one that believes in science would do this. Science believes would be walking.
- If you see a person eating industrially produced grain, wheat, corn or soy–buying Doritos or Coca-Cola, for example– you know for sure they are a climate denier. Industrial agriculture is a major cause of natural habitat destruction. Monocrop farming is extremely inefficient and chemically intensive. A climate science believer knows this and chooses her diet appropriately.
- If you see someone using electric lights, or that is heating or air-conditioning their home, they are obviously a climate denier. The pollution from burning fuels for indoor comfort is spewing greenhouse gases, contributing to the rising temperatures in the atmosphere and seas. Anyone reading the science knows this and lives accordingly, wearing warm sweaters or shorts, or going to bed early and waking up with the sun.
- If you see a person taking an airplane to go somewhere, they are a climate denier. It’s bad. Travelling by rail is many multiples more efficient. It’s simple math.
- If you see a person living in a home filled with plastics and synthetics, you know they are a climate denier. Vinyl siding, offgassing paints and stains, memory foams, and the like, are creating clouds of toxic gases inside and outside their homes that are not good for anyone or anything.
- If you see a person that insists on being alive, you know they are a climate denier. Science shows that climate change, along with most other environmental issues, would be way better if there were no humans. A true believer in science has already done the right thing. You don’t need to worry about them anymore.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. There are many other signs that someone is a denier. These are the most popular, and should allow you to pick off the low-hanging fruit. Will the low-hanging fruit be enough? We don’t know! But we have to start somewhere!
Get out there and find the bad guys. Do what it takes to make them understand science. Do what it takes to fix them. They are the problem!
Or is it possible that people are cheating?
I don’t know. Could this be possible? Could it be that someone is saying they believe in science but acting like a climate denier? This would make things trickier.
Or maybe instead of doing the right thing, they are waiting for an authoritarian government to come along and make everything sweet again using special authoritarian government magic.
Anything is possible!